Packt Publishing walk-in for Acquisition Editor
Job Role :
0 - 5 Years
Rs: 1,00,000 - 4,00,000 P.A.
Job Location :
Walk-In Date :
18 & 19 Jan 2017
Walk-In Time :
09:30 AM - 02:00 PM
Company Profile:Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt’s mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals. Working towards that vision, we have published over 2000 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done –whether that’s specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
Job Responsibilities:1. Identify talented tech experts and turn them into successful published authors and video trainers.
2. Collaborate with authors to create friendly, helpful, straightforward tech books and video training.
3. Develop books and videos that help developers put software to work in new ways.
4. Learn enough about tech and programming to give authors useful, effective feedback.
5. Work in a topic category team. Contribute to strategy and planning that makes Packt number 1.
6. Manage your own projects, make your own commercial decisions, and coach your authors to create great products.
Requirements:Excellent English Language skills.
You're passionate about helping people learn and develop their skills.
You don't need to be super technical, but you should at least be interested in tech or able to get interested.
Sales or negotiation skills are a big plus.
Editorial experience, excellent communication skills, and a love of learning are all pluses.
If you read non-fiction books for pleasure, we want to hear from you.
Venue Details:Plot No 103, Arena House,
Third Floor, Road No.12,
Opposite Saffron Spice Hotel, MIDC,
Andheri (East), Mumbai- 400093.
Contact Details:Loyson Mascarenhas